Free Consultation, Available 24/7
San Diego: 619-814-5110 | Vista: 760-814-6025
Criminal Defense Attorney in Chula Vista, California
If you’re facing criminal charges in or around the Chula Vista area—no matter the complexity or severity of the crime—you may feel as if the weight of the world is on your shoulders. After all, your occupation, personal relationships, and liberties you enjoy on a daily basis may be at stake. Unfortunately, all it takes is a minor slip of judgment to wind up in handcuffs. With so much in the balance, you warrant a formidable criminal defense lawyer who may be able to protect your rights. Fortunately, legal assistance is right around the corner hiring a criminal defense attorney in Chula Vista, California.
Attorney Dod is a criminal lawyer in Chula Vista with a wealth of experience building aggressive defense strategies. His extensive knowledge of the California criminal process will put your mind at ease as he works to mitigate the charges and penalties you face. In Chula Vista, Attorney Dod has helped numerous people just like you get their life back on track after facing severe criminal charges. Get in touch with us today to learn more!
Common Criminal Charges in Chula Vista
It’s important to note that many criminal charges occur when a person has a lapse in judgment or acts out of anger or negligence. In any case, there are many reasons why someone may face criminal charges in Chula Vista. Attorney Dod has experience fighting tirelessly for those charged with a wide variety of criminal offenses, including:
- Assault & battery: While many use the terms assault and battery interchangeably, these criminal charges are distinct and carry two different penalties. While assault constitutes a threat to physical harm, battery occurs when a person carries out the act.
- Domestic violence: While any domestic violence allegations will be taken seriously, you still deserve your day in court. After all, it’s not uncommon for feelings of frustration, anger, and shame to be taken out of context and interpreted as domestic violence.
- Drug crimes: California drug laws are notoriously strict, which is why it’s crucial that you seek the help of a skilled drug crime lawyer who can represent you when fighting against harsh penalties.
- DUI: Don’t let a charge for driving under the influence turn your life upside down. Fight it now with an experienced and respected Chula Vista DUI defense lawyer on your side.
- Fraud crimes: Fraud is the intentional false representation or concealment of a fact to induce another to act upon it. This may result in severe penalties, including lengthy prison sentences, fines, and a damaged reputation.
- Sex crimes: Sex crimes will always be treated seriously and require reliable representation from an experienced criminal defender. With steep fines and incarceration on the table, the experienced lawyers at Dod Law will do everything in our power to fight for your rights.
- Theft crimes: California crimes including theft, robbery, burglary, and fraud are among the most common criminal charges filed in the state. Theft, in particular, can lead to severe repercussions if convicted. Contact attorney Dod for legal assistance today.
- Violent crimes: Violent crimes are considered felonies in California and result in long-lasting ramifications and a permanent criminal record. If you’ve been accused of a violent crime in the San Diego area, experienced legal assistance is essential.
- White-collar crimes: White-collar crime allegations are usually leveled against business professionals, government officials, or those in positions of power who use deceit, manipulation, and financial loss as a means to gain illegal financial gain.
- Felonies: Felonies are the most severe criminal offenses in California. If you’re facing the ramifications of a felony charge in Chula Vista, contact a criminal lawyer at Dod Law who may be able to help you sidestep the consequences associated with a conviction.
- Misdemeanors: Though not as serious as a felony, misdemeanor charges can affect your future and freedom. If you or a loved one is charged with a misdemeanor in California, penalties can include up to $1,000 in fines or a sentence in county jail.
At Dod Law, we’ve produced successful case results for clients facing a wide range of different kinds of crimes. We’re dedicated to providing personalized representation and a client-centered approach. We understand how stressful it can be to face any kind of criminal charge, which is why we’ll be with you every step of the way throughout the legal process. Whether you’re a first-time offender or are facing charges for the second or third time, attorney Dod may be able to assist. The sooner you hire an attorney, the sooner you can begin building a robust defense strategy.
Possible Penalties for Criminal Charges in Chula Vista
The penalties you could face vary widely and depend entirely on the type of charges you face. The more serious the charge, the tougher the penalties. Most criminal charges are accompanied by consequences that include:
- Possible incarceration
Felonies carry the most severe penalties, and those convicted of felony crimes could face thousands of dollars in fines and up to a decade or more in prison. To learn more about the specific penalties you’re up against, visit our website and click on the practice area that pertains to the criminal act you’re facing.
In any case, it’s essential that you get in touch with the best-in-class criminal defense team at Dod Law as soon as possible, no matter the size or severity of the crime. We’ll get to know you and your case and will work to develop a strategy that stands up in court and mitigates the charges you face. Attorney Dod makes it a point to sit down with each and every one of his clients to get to know them personally. He takes what he learns about his clients and applies it to their cases so he can create the best defense possible.
Viable Defense Strategies in Chula Vista
The best criminal defense strategies are built on the specific details of your case. When you hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you, it’s imperative to inform them of your unique circumstances so they can work alongside you throughout the entire process and build the best defense possible. Common defense strategies used by Attorney Dod include:
- Mistaken identity
- Unreliable witnesses
- Lack of evidence
- False evidence
No matter how serious your charges are, you’re never without hope. Attorney Dod is passionate about defending his clients and helping them regain their footing in life. If you’re worried about your future due to these criminal charges, it’s crucial that you have a lawyer you can trust. Attorney Dod is standing by to assist.
How a Criminal Defense Lawyer May Help You with Your California Criminal Case
Piloting the California criminal justice system can be tricky without the help of a skilled Chula Vista criminal defense lawyer by your side. When you partner with the legal professionals at Dod Law, your attorney will work to research the facts of your case, analyze the case presented against you, and exercise their negotiating skills to soften the impact of your charges. At the end of a successful case, your lawyer may be able to reduce or completely eliminate the penalties associated with the crime.
In addition, our criminal defense attorneys may be able to interview witnesses, help formulate a plea, investigate the prosecutor’s case, evaluate potential sentences, gather evidence, and review search and seizure procedures. Amidst this difficult and trying time in your life, a lawyer can be instrumental in acting as your guide throughout the duration of your case and can advise you on any potential consequences you may face.
Attorney Dod will give everything to a client’s defense, no matter how small or large it may be. He’s even qualified by the California State Bar to handle serious capital offenses, such as murder charges for clients with multiple convictions. For help taking the next step, contact Dod Law today.
Hire an Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney Chula Vista
If you’re searching for a lawyer you can trust to defend your criminal charges, look no further than Attorney Dod. He has more than 17 years of experience defending people just like you across the state of California. Attorney Dod has led more than 75 preliminary hearings, 400 jury trials, and has worked on more than 6,500 total cases throughout his career. Likewise, Dod represents people throughout all of Chula Vista and the surrounding areas. To learn more about Attorney Dod, check out Avvo.com, where he is highly rated and has been named a top attorney in California.
Criminal defense attorney Chula Vista. If you want to hear the words “not guilty,” look no further than Attorney Dod for your defense. Our knowledgeable team of criminal defense lawyers has experience helping others in your shoes, and we’ll do everything in our power to protect your rights. Additionally, unlike other law firms that split their time and efforts between different types of legal cases, criminal defense is all we do at Dod Law. We believe that specialization in criminal defense makes all the difference. To schedule a free consultation, call 619-814-5110 or complete our online contact form today.