Criminal Defense Lawyer in Poway, California
Everyone makes mistakes, but not every mistake leads to a criminal conviction that will land you in jail. Being a defendant in a criminal case can sometimes feel like a losing battle, but you should know that you don’t have to fight that battle alone.
Facing potential jail time or other penalties is a frightening prospect and can prevent defendants from seeking out a lawyer because they mistakenly believe that hiring legal representation will make them seem guilty. However, if you are facing a criminal conviction, you need a trustworthy defense lawyer who will fight for your rights in court. An experienced litigator like Attorney Dod has the skills necessary to conduct a thorough investigation into your case and build a defense that works best for you.
The Benefits of Working with a Poway Criminal Defense Lawyer
Your future is at stake when you face a criminal charge in Poway. To protect it, the first step should be to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Although you are not legally required to hire representation, an attorney is almost always the smart choice for helping you mitigate the effects of a criminal charge.
There are innumerable benefits to hiring a seasoned criminal defense lawyer in Poway for your case, including:
- Lawyers can help you understand the charges and penalties you face. A criminal defense lawyer can help you make sense of complex legal jargon.
- They have extensive knowledge of the legal system. Experienced litigators have worked through hundreds of cases and know how to approach each conviction appropriately.
- They will work with you to avoid large penalties and fees. Many times, a lawyer will be able to help you reduce the amount of money that you might have to pay to the court or the prosecutor.
- They can access the best possible resources. If you were to represent yourself in court during a criminal trial, your defense would likely be limited. Lawyers have access to information and resources that defendants do not.
- Lawyers often take care of the paperwork and the research. Your lawyer will work to build a defense for your particular case, which will require them to perform a deep dive into the details of the situation and conduct research into the best ways to defend you.
- Lawyers commit to defending you and your case. It is in the best interest of your lawyer to win your case. Your freedom and your lawyer’s reputation as a legal professional are both on the line during a trial.
In addition to helping you build a strong defense for your case, a criminal defense lawyer may be able to reduce the severity of your charge, depending on the nature of the case. In some situations, attorneys can have your charges dropped completely. Additionally, experienced defense lawyers work with prosecutors to chart out plea bargains, which can effectively reduce your overall sentence.
Common Criminal Charges in Poway
At Dod Law, we are well versed in the different varieties of criminal defense cases, ranging from misdemeanor charges to serious felony convictions. Our team of renowned and trusted lawyers provides representation for the following criminal charges, including:
- DUI and DWI
- Sex crimes
- Assault and battery
- Domestic violence
- Drug crimes
- Violent crimes
Regardless of the context, the severity, or the conviction, no two criminal cases are ever alike. Two individuals who are both being charged with DUI might experience completely different trials if one of them was operating a vehicle after consuming alcohol and the other one was driving after taking illegal drugs. Although they both exist under the same umbrella charge of a DUI, the two charges could not be more different from one another.
Find an Expert Criminal Defense Lawyer in Poway, California
Working with a trusted criminal defense lawyer is your best choice for ensuring that you are well protected against legal action during your trial. Protecting yourself becomes almost impossible if you do not have a qualified California criminal lawyer to represent you. Attorney Dod of Dod Law knows what it takes to defend people accused of crimes in California and get them back to living their lives.