Escondido Drug Charge Lawyer
Although many individuals may have perfectly legal reasons for possessing, handling, or distributing certain controlled substances, others may be breaking the law. Depending on the nature of the drug charge, a convicted individual may be forced to pay steep fines and spend months or years behind bars. Those convicted of felony-level offenses may face additional stigmas and challenges long after they serve their sentence.
If you are under investigation for a drug offense in California, the stakes are too high to fight your charges alone. At Dod Law, APC, our Escondido criminal defense attorneys have over 18 years of experience helping individuals charged with drug crimes protect their rights and achieve favorable outcomes for their cases. When you partner with us, we will become your aggressive advocate as we fight to get your charges dropped or reduced.
Types of Drug Charges in California
There are several drug-related offenses defined under California law. Due to the myriad of different charges, many individuals may be understandably confused about the charges and potential penalties they face. At Dod Law, APC, our Escondido drug charge lawyers have the knowledge and skills required to fight many different types of drug charges in California. Some of the charges we may be able to help you defend against include the following:
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession of a controlled substance for sale
- Transportation and sale of a controlled substance
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Marijuana cultivation
- Driving while under the influence of a controlled substance
- Aiding and abetting the use of a controlled substance
This is by no means an exhaustive list, and there may be other drug charges that require the skills and expertise of a seasoned Escondido drug charge attorney. Some substances, such as heroin, cocaine, or Vicodin, also carry unique charges and penalties. After we take your case, we will ensure that you understand the charges you face as well as your rights and legal options.
Defending Against Drug Charges in Escondido
Regardless of your charges, it is essential to remember that you are innocent until proven guilty. In other words, the prosecutor for your case must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. At Dod Law, APC, our attorneys employ numerous defense strategies to help our clients beat their charges in Escondido. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, your attorney may utilize one of the following strategies:
- The police committed an unlawful search and seizure of your property
- The police engaged in other instances of misconduct during your arrest, such as entrapment
- The substance in question was misidentified
- You were unaware that you possessed a controlled substance
- You possessed the substance in question legally
- You did not possess the substance in question
Our Escondido drug charge lawyers will leave no stone unturned as they investigate every detail of your case and craft the best defense for the charges against you. We will leave no stone unturned as we analyze your case and fight for your rights and freedom.
How a Knowledgeable Criminal Defense Attorney Can Help You
If you are facing drug charges in California, the stakes are too high to go without the best legal representation available. Often, individuals of drug crimes are sentenced to pay thousands of dollars in fines and years behind bars. Fortunately, a skilled Escondido drug charge lawyer can help you protect your rights and fight the charges against you. The seasoned attorneys at Dod Law, APC, can help you in the following ways:
- Interviewing witnesses
- Conducting a full investigation into the prosecutor’s case
- Evaluating potential penalties
- Gathering essential evidence
- Helping you formulate a plea
- Recommending the best possible defense strategy
- Working toward getting your charges dropped before they are filed
- Advocating aggressively for your rights and freedoms before and during trial
- Answering your questions and supporting you through this challenging time
Those charged with a drug offense in California do not need to fight their charges alone. The skilled Escondido drug charge attorneys at Dod Law, APC, are committed to defending the criminally accused and achieving the best possible outcomes for their cases.
Speak to a Seasoned Escondido Drug Charge Attorney At Dod Law, APC
If you have been accused of a drug crime in Escondido, you do not need to leave your future to chance. The skilled attorneys at Dod Law, APC, have nearly two decades of experience helping the criminally accused fight for justice. We have a proven track record of successfully helping our clients beat their drug charges and get their lives back on track. When you retain our services, you can trust us to fight aggressively for justice on your behalf. To schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team, call us today at (619) 814-5110 or complete our online contact form.